Hardware flow control

Pat Myrto pat at rwing.UUCP
Fri Dec 15 10:27:20 AEST 1989

I am looking for info on how to activate hardware flow control on the
UNIXPC tty000 port.  Looking thru the docs, etc I see no mention of
how one does this.  I am setting up a T2500, and wish to use this
method of flow control since much of what will be going through the
modem will be binary data, and things would be simpler if the port
were locked at 9600, and let the modem and flow control handle
different speed connections.

Apparantly in version 3.51, there is a command called /etc/hfc_ctl,
but in 3.50, there is no such command.  The kernel I have does support
the hardware flow control, so all I need is some means to activate it
so it will STAY activated until it is shut off, or cancelled via
setting XON/OFF.

Has anyone written such a command, or know the procedure for setting
this port parameter so it will STAY set, even if the port is closed
and reopened (in other words become a default until changed).

Any help is badly needed.  Probably would be best to e-mail any
replies, unless there is evidence of signifigant interest.  If
desired, I will be happy to summerize to the net.

Thanks for any assistance ...
--
pat at rwing     ...!nwnexus!mltco!camco!happym!\      (Pat Myrto),  Seattle, WA
                          ...!uunet!pilchuck!rwing!pat