crontab Daemon-from-Hell

Thad P Floryan thad at cup.portal.com
Tue Jun 13 16:01:55 AEST 1989

I'll keep this short since it seems evident that everyone is NOW apprised
they should examine crontab's hellspawns! :-)

>From re-reading the original email, it appears the threat of suing AT&T
was figurative and not literal; a statement made in the heat of the moment
of discovering all one's uucp transfers were relegated to the Great Bit Bucket
In The Sky.

Hey!  I was angry, too.  At least I had disciplined myself to maintain a
regular backup policy, so nothing was truly lost on my system.

but that ``uudemon.day'' script is definitely a "gotcha."  I'm replacing the
Miniscribe 6085 with a Maxtor XT2190 asap, for 80+ more MB.

The final point: a forum such as this newgroup DOES benefit people who read
others' discoveries and tips.  From one misfortune, EVERYONE benefits.

Free and unfettered communication is a win-win situation!

Thad Floryan [ thad at cup.portal.com (OR)  ..!sun!portal!cup.portal.com!thad ]