nroff and mm questions

Steven R. Houser srh at docwrk.UUCP
Fri Jun 2 08:25:40 AEST 1989

I have a couple of questions about nroff and the mm package:

1) Is there any way to keep nroff from printing an extra blank page at the
   end of the file?  I imagine this feature was included in nroff with
   pin-feed printers in mind.  With a cut-sheet feeder, it makes an extra
   sheet of blank paper come through, which is useless.

   Right now I output nroff to a text file and use vi to remove the blank
   lines at the end of the file.  This is an extra step I'd like to avoid
   if possible.

2) Recently, for some reason, mm has been printing a blank page after EVERY
   page of text.  I don't know what I did to make this happen; it didn't
   do this before.  This happens regardless of how I set the .pl (page length).
   This is on a HPDeskJet.  Has anyone else run into this problem?

I'd appreciate any ideas.  Please reply by E-mail, or post an article if
you think these questions are universal enough.

Steve