Newcomer to the PC7300 Group !!

Vijay Vaidyanathan vijay at albanycs.Albany.Edu
Thu Jun 29 15:53:14 AEST 1989

Joy! I have just (a few hrs ago) got myself my PC  7300, and my
initial excitement at finally owning a *real* unix m/c was replaced
by a desperate urge to get rid of what looked to me a poor mac imitation
interface. The "7300 Owners manual" didnt seem to want to tell me
how to get out to the good ol' "$" prompt !!

Well, I (finally!)got rid of that awful inteface and then began to realize
that all I could do was "ls" and "mail". I mean, what good's a "$"
without a "cc" ????

Well, anyways, here's what I *do* have:
S/W:		Just the System and Telephone Mgr S/w.

DOC:		Owners manual
		Communications Mgr Manual
		Multiplan Manual (and s/w).

What I'd really like to know from any experienced.people.helpful
is:
	1. Where can I get PD compilers/Other software ??
	2. Any Magazines/Newsletters I can subscribe to?
	3. Whats the least expensive way to get hold of the
	   Programmers Manual, and developmental s/w ??
	4. Is there a previewer for TeX (dvi) files around?
	5. Just about any other info/advice you may have for
	a firsttimer onthe 7300. Anything. Will be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot, in advance!

- Vijay
vijay at cssun.albany.edu
vijay at albanycs.albany.edu