terminals emulated on the 3b1 -- what's available?

Kevin O'Gorman kevin at kosman.UUCP
Thu Jun 22 06:18:05 AEST 1989

In article <1350 at novavax.UUCP> rwright at novavax.UUCP (Ronald K. Wright) writes:
>The only program which I am aware is ATE 3.51 from AT&T
>
>While it fully integrates with the user agent program, it is disgustingly
>slow.
>
>I have abandoned it completely in favor of cu.  That does present a problem
>if you wish to log onto a not unix system.  But then why would you want to
>do that?

Not a serious question, I hope.  I, for one, make my living by calling
non-UNIX systems, on both coasts of the country, for sessions lasting up
to 24 hours.  I get real sensitive to the quality of my tools.  My tool
of choice these days is C-kermit, even for systems without a kermit of
their own.  The one drawback is that in such a case, I cannot send files
to the remote system, although I can capture incoming data.  I'm using
Trailblazer modems, and most of my sites have them too, so the conversations
are mostly error-free.

When I have to send a file, I tend to return to PCOMM.  The curses interface
slows this down a lot, but I don't send nearly as much as I capture, so I
can live with it.