Funny Clock with Fsokay shutdown.

Lenny Tropiano lenny at icus.islp.ny.us
Sun Jun 18 08:13:59 AEST 1989

In article <123 at sssphx.UUCP> rl at sssphx.UUCP (Rod Longhofer) writes:
|>I have added the nice :-> program for the replacement of the 3b1 normal
|>rc with Lenny Tropianco script's and programs, everything seems to work
|>fine other than, my clock looses 3 hours during the startup? I am running
|>ver. 3.5 unix, 72meg drive 2 meg ram.

Since my "/etc/rc" program does an "date -" during startup, it will take
whatever is in the hardware clock and write it into the software clock.
Of course if your clock is off by 3 hours, it may "seem to appear" that
it is loosing time... I would suggest resetting your clock with:

# date mmddHHMMyy

|>Other subject i have been gone for 3 weeks, i want the conversion for
|>putting a second hard disk drive on my system! Also whats the state of
|>the SCSI port. I havent heard anything for the last 3 days.

The 2nd Drive plans are available from ICUS, you can email me for further
details (instead of flooding the net).  I'll look for the information in
my back postings and mail you a copy ...

The SCSI port discussion isn't a daily event, so keep tuned for any further
details on that ... I have some good information forthcoming in the USENIX
Minutes for UNIX pc BOF!  See that article in the further at a newsgroup
near you!

-Lenny
--
Lenny Tropiano             ICUS Software Systems         [w] +1 (516) 589-7930
lenny at icus.islp.ny.us      Telex; 154232428 ICUS         [h] +1 (516) 968-8576