Changing fonts (was Re: monitor problems)

Tom Tkacik tkacik at rphroy.UUCP
Fri Jun 16 22:06:41 AEST 1989

In article <WJC.89Jun15175839 at ho5cad.ho5cad.ATT.COM> wjc at ho5cad.ATT.COM (Bill Carpenter) writes:

>Over the last couple of years, I've done considerable puttering around
>with different fonts in different windows, running different fonts as
>the "global" font, etc.  While it all seems to basically work, there
>appear to be a few rough edges left in the font handling code in the
>window driver.
>
>For example, I used to run an italic 9x12 font as the "global" font.

I haved tried changing fonts, with little luck.
I tried both setf and sfont, and once even got a new font to show up in
the current window.  The problem (other than not knowing how I got the
new font to work) is that the cursor did not change with the new font.
When I tried to backspace, the cursor moved a different amount backwards
than forwards, and I could not tell what was really on the command line.

Can anyone tell me how to reliably change the current font in a window,
and how to get the cursor to change size as well.

I would really like to use a smaller font that will give me 24x80 characters
in a smaller bordered window, (ie. I would like to be able to use several
'full screen' windows at the same time).  It makes switching between them
much easier.

Thanks

---
Tom Tkacik		GM Research Labs,   Warren MI  48090
uunet!edsews!rphroy!megatron!tkacik
"If you can't stand the bugs, stay out of the roach-motel."   Ron Guilmette