3B1, DOS-73, Graphics problem

Merv Graham merv at gpstwr.UUCP
Thu Jun 15 06:42:19 AEST 1989

I have a problem with the graphics operation of the DOS-73 coprocessor
in my 3B1.  And yes, I have RTFMs from cover to cover but I'm still
baffled.

The problem:  When running DOS application programs that display
graphics, (Hercules compatable) the program appears to write the graphic
information to the screen while it is still in the "text" mode and then
switches the screen to "graphics" mode (i.e. after writing to the screen
the function key labels change to "Graphics up and down").

It would appear, to me, that the problem is in the applications program
but every graphics program I have tried does the same thing.

Any hints or help at all would be appreciated.  Since I'm fairly new to
the net this may have been covered many times before so please e-mail

Thanks in advance, Merv Graham (also, we don't recieve unix-pc.any here)
--
Merv Graham                 |     merv at gpstwr.UUCP
Graham-Patten Systems, Inc. | or: tektronix!gvgpsa!gpstwr!merv