What are THE books to have on X?

Stephen J. Friedl friedl at vsi.COM
Thu Jun 15 14:47:13 AEST 1989

In article <555 at uncle.UUCP>, jbm at uncle.UUCP (John B. Milton) writes:
> Assuming I want to do everything with X, port it to SYSV (UNIXpc), write
> server code, write applications, use it, etc. Assuming I have all the docs
> from the X.V11R3 distributions. What are the books to get. I went out to the
> bookstores hoping to find several to choose from and found NONE!

A new book on X will be on the streets within the next few weeks.  It's
called "The X Window System: Applications and Programming with Xt", and
it's by Doug Young at HP Labs.  I've been reviewing multiple drafts of
this book for the last year, and it really looks good (I think it's
better than the Jones book).  Do give it a look-see.

It's published by Prentice Hall, I don't know the ISBN...

     Steve

--
Stephen J. Friedl / V-Systems, Inc. / Santa Ana, CA / +1 714 545 6442
3B2-kind-of-guy   / friedl at vsi.com  / {attmail, uunet, etc}!vsi!friedl