3B1/7300, 99 pin conn, followup and offer.

Merv Graham merv at gpstwr.UUCP
Fri Jun 23 07:21:39 AEST 1989

With regards the 99 pin connector used in the expansion slots on the 3B1
and 7300, I followed up on a posting by Greg Ratcliff of a few days ago.

The AMP (2-532431-0) connector (for the plug-in boards) is available and
in stock (500 pieces as of 22 Jun).  The minimum order is 20 pieces at
$16.63 a piece (pricey little devils huh?).

HERE IS AN OFFER: As a service to the UNIX-PC community, that seems to
need some of these, I will personally buy the minimum quantity (or as
many as required) to fill the e-mail orders I get in the next 15 to 30
days.  I will resell them at $18.00 a piece (I need to cover a little
of the costs of getting our purchasing department involved) plus, of
course, the shipping to get them into your hands.  We can ship UPS
surface or blue (two days) your choice.

CREVAT: Of course if I don't get enough orders to make the minimum, the
whole thing falls through and I will contact everyone that has placed
an order.

As you can see I'm not trying to make any money on this deal, but I think
that I my be in the market for some of those boards I see being
developed out there.

Also, I'm sorry but I don't have access to the newgroups unix-pc.any.
--
Merv Graham                 |     merv at gpstwr.UUCP
Graham-Patten Systems, Inc. | or: tektronix!gvgpsa!gpstwr!merv