Funny thing happened to me ... Beware of "$_" and the shell

S. E. Grove seg at PacBell.COM
Thu Jun 8 11:26:18 AEST 1989

  I never did
> get the "UNIXPC calendar" that was promised when I sent in the warranty cards,
> but thanks to this newsgroup, however, I was able to retrieve the files from
> the hidden /etc/fixes directory (under 3.51) and install them manually.
>
> As a stockholder, I just may attend the next shareholders' meeting and express
> my "satisfaction" with the "wonderful" support we get.   :-(
>
> Thad Floryan [ thad at cup.portal.com (OR) ..!sun!portal!cup.portal.com!thad ]

 Thad, this is a change of subject, but you mentioned the UNIXPC calendar.
How do install it manually? I found it, and I tried to put a copy in
/usr/spool/uucppublic, and have INSTALL install it from mail, but all
I got was the calendar to run. What else do I have to do?

Stephen Grove pacbell!pbhya!seg