NEC P5200 + WS2000

John Campbell jdc at naucse.UUCP
Thu Jun 29 01:44:44 AEST 1989

I just received WS2000 for my UnixPC, to which a NEC P5200 is attached.
Selecting EPSON-LQ 1500 seems to allow things to work except that I have
too large a left margin.  Nroff filtered to the printer doesn't have this
problem (ie, the printer can print in column 1 if I don't go through WS).

My experience with other packages running off the DOS board of this machine
indicates that all EPSON choices in WS, WS2000, Word Perfect, and PCWrite
(I keep trying) does the same thing.  They all seem to (by default) position
the left margin a retarded distance over.

Does anyone have any idea if this is a deficiency in NEC's emulation of an
EPSON LQ printer and how to fix it?  Does anyone know how to build a
custom printer for WS2000 on the UnixPC?  Can anyone explain what I might
do with WS "forms" files that might override the default and "fix" the problem?
Can anyone suggest a better printer to select out of the menus?
--
	John Campbell               ...!arizona!naucse!jdc
                                    CAMPBELL at NAUVAX.bitnet