Conductive Dust Bunnies

Stephen J. Friedl friedl at vsi.COM
Mon Jun 26 05:39:53 AEST 1989

In article <321 at cbnewsi.ATT.COM>, fiesta at cbnewsi.ATT.COM (eric.c.beck) writes:

> 	I thought the toner consisted of extremely fine plastic particles
> which, after being attracted to the paper by a static charge, are melted
> into the paper by the "hot plate" inside the copier.

There are also toners that apparently have metal particles in them,
because it is attracted to a magnet.  The Ricoh laser engine (used
in AST TurboLaser, at least) has this kind of toner.  Does anybody
know this is different from the non-ferrous kinds?

BTW, the "hot plate" is called the fuser.

     Steve

--
Stephen J. Friedl / V-Systems, Inc. / Santa Ana, CA / +1 714 545 6442
3B2-kind-of-guy   / friedl at vsi.com  / {attmail, uunet, etc}!vsi!friedl