Followup to UNIX PC question

David W. Barts dxxb at beta.lanl.gov
Thu Jun 8 02:59:30 AEST 1989

Many thanks to all who responded to my UNIX PC question a few
weeks ago (and thanks to anyone who has been patiently waiting for
a followup).

All responses indicated that the UNIX PC was a good machine (albeit
not as fast as some more recently-introduced UNIX boxes).  There are
also some great deals to be had since AT&T is discontinuing the product.
A downside is that support may be harder to come by.

UNIX PC vendors:

	Feith Systems
	One Bala Plaza
	Bala Cynwyd, PA  19004
	Ph. 215-667-5575

	VarTech, Inc.
	Naperville, IL
	Ph. 312-505-1777
	(VarTech was referred to in more responses than any other supplier.)

	Discovery Electronics
	775 Franklin Road, Ste. 100
	Marietta, GA  30067
	Ph. 800-346-8243

Disclaimer:  I have not dealt with any of these firms yet; names are being
mentioned for information only.

It now looks as if I may be moving in the near future, so I have
temporarily put any plans to order a new computer on hold.

Thanks to all who responded; the information will be of use to me when
I get settled down and decide to order.

David W. Barts, Ph. 509-376-1718 (FTS 444-1718), dxxb at beta.lanl.GOV
(Working in Wa. state but using LANL's computers.)