KSHPR: prompt generator for .kshrc

Charles A Anderson caa at midgard.Midgard.MN.ORG
Wed Jun 28 03:59:21 AEST 1989

In article <287 at ecijmm.UUCP> jmm at ecijmm.UUCP (John Macdonald) writes:
|Well you asked for it...  I hope there won't be a deluge of similar
|postings.  Anyhow, my method of determining whether I'm su'ed to root
|or not is a simple test "if [ -w /etc/passwd ]".  If that succeeds,
|you're either root or the proud owner of an insecure system.

Won't work for me, cuz my /etc/passwd is 444.  Meaning I have to do a w!
to change it in vi but that's ok with me.
--
/-Charles-Anderson-\      caa at midgard.mn.org || (backbone)!bungia!midgard!caa
\------------------/  caa at garnet.ssd.cdc.com || (backbone)!shamash!garnet!caa