GNU gcc and Greenhill compatibilty

Robert Zeff robert at csustan.UUCP
Mon Mar 27 10:10:40 AEST 1989

I have compiled the GNU gcc on a Tektronix 4300 with Greenhills
compiler.

This line of code:
printf ("\nHello world\n");

has the output:
\12Hello world!\12\0NV

I assume therE is a compatibility problem with the Greenhill assembler.
Any clues?

Also, I have tried to compile it on a ATT 6386 which is missing
alloca ().  I #defined it malloc (), but seems to hang when trying
to recompile itself.  Gcc compiles the one line of code ok on the
6386.  Could malloc () be eating too much memory?

Thanks,

--
Robert Zeff                         (209) 577-4268 voice, FAX: (209) 577-8548
2549 Yosemite Blvd Ste. E           {lll-lcc,lll-crg}!csustan!zhome!robert