Telling 3B2's apart

Jon Albers. albers at ka3ovk.UUCP
Fri Mar 3 06:34:23 AEST 1989

We just got one of our Zilog Z8000 model 31+'s 'upgraded' to the Zilog
S8000/32 model 32.  The upgrade consisted of removing the Z8000 based CPU,
and all the associated hardware (memory boards, serial boards, disk/tape
controller boards, CPU power supply, etc.....Well, the only origional
equipment left was the disk drives, tape drives, and the cabinet, which is
of the 19-inch rack type), and replacing them with what appeares to be
an AT&T 3B2, model unknown (When we got ours, they haden't even had time
to rebound the manuals, and they still bore the AT&T 3B2 titles... I also
checked to CPU board after the technician left.....).  How can I tell what
model 3B2 I've got?  It supports 26 users (2 ports on the CPU cabinet, 24
on external panels), but that's about all I know so far.  What can I look
for?  Board part numbers?  Special chips? ROM Monitor commands?

	Some 'upgrade', huh?

							Jon

--
| Jon Albers, IRS, Computer Services, Site Support and Installation(CS:M:S:P) |
| UUCP:...wb3ffv!irsx01!ka3ovk!(root|albers)         ARPA: JALBERS at SIMTEL20   |