Call monitoring by UNIXPC

Richard Foulk richard at uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu
Sun Mar 12 19:36:42 AEST 1989

} ~I would like to connect the line 1 jack to the phone
} ~line in my house.  I would like to connect the jack labeled phone to
} ~all the telephones in my house.  In other words the UNIX PC would be
} ~connected serially in line with all the telephones we use.  I would
} ~like to monitor all calls made from those phones, not calls made
} ~through the telephone manager.
}
} I've done just that.  [...]

Sounds like some useful stuff but I think there's a nasty problem
with the unix-pc that kind of screws things up...

When I first played with the phone-manager stuff I found that if
I connected my phone through the 'pc that if I had to shut it down
for some reason, that the phone would not function.

As long as power to the computer was off the phone would not ring,
dial or anything -- it was completely dead.

Richard		richard at uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu