AT&T 6300: the Wrong Choice

Spiros Trianta strianta at killer.Dallas.TX.US
Sat Mar 25 11:02:38 AEST 1989

Hats off to AT&T for its right choices regarding the AT&T 6300 PC (a PC
compatible computer).

In my two years of owning one I have experienced two memory board failures,
each at approximately 13-14 months after purchase / repair. Same thing
on one machine at work.

The board not only dies, but starts giving indications of disk failure
that are very scary, i.e. random disk seeks/resets on C:.

On top of that, whereas the replacement (SWAP, not new) board cost $120
last year, it now jumped to $200. That is, $200 for a used board (that will
statistically fail in another year or so).

------------

For misc.consumers readers: end of gripe/article, you've been warned.

For others: would you know of a different company that sells 384KB
            memory boards that would work n a 63000? I'll see if I can
            swap 64K chips for 256K chips, if anyone knows how, please
	    drop a line.

Thanks in advance

Spiros

--
Who: Spiros Trianta         <>   Where: Noblesville, Indiana
How: strianta at killer.UUCP   <>   Quote: "Look Ma, No K-Mart!"