man pages for the 6386

Ross Alexander rwa at aurora.AthabascaU.CA
Sat Mar 25 16:28:18 AEST 1989

In article <7991 at chinet.chi.il.us>, les at chinet.chi.il.us (Leslie Mikesell) writes:
> [...] Or do you consider the 386 as a single-user
> computer?  Now that disk space is more or less affordable, let's get the
> manual back on-line.  Wouldn't AT&T like to sell everyone the next size
> larger disk?

>From my experience, they consider the 3b2/600 a single user computer (no
man pages).  They _almost_ consider the 3b4000 (a $500,000+ machine) single
user - for that, we could get man pages, but not the troff source; just
ascii files that had come out the back of nroff.  We are 5.3.1 source
licensed, btw.  I am less than impressed.

	Ross

ps: We bought Fortran XLA from ATT recently, and it came complete with an
on-line man page entry - same as above; just something suitable to be copied
to a printer.

	rwa