AT&T 6386 16 Mhz Speedup

Bill Mayhew wtm at neoucom.UUCP
Sun Mar 19 02:23:05 AEST 1989

In article <774 at nebulus.UUCP>, root at nebulus.UUCP (Dennis S. Breckenridge) writes:
>  ... It comes standard with a 3.5 inch
> floppy disk, DOS and UNIX come on 5.25 inch media. Even if we source a 5.25
> inch drive the internal cable does not have the appropriate connector to match
> the drive in drive position 0. The second drive can be a 5.25 inch but you
> cannot boot the system from it.
>
> Dennis S. Breckenridge

Just for the recod, the last 6386 machine that we ordered arrived
about a week ago.  It was one of the package deal systems from the
university grant program that comes with Unix + development set as
a mandatory part of the deal.  All the Unix goodies arrived on 1.44M
3-1/2 inch diskettes, which of course, was good since that is now
the type of diskette drive all systems are shipped with.

Just thought you'd want to know.  I'm not sure if there is a
different comm code for the 3-1/2 inch media distribution.  If
there is a demand, I'll try to find the purchase orders to see.

--Bill
  wtm at impulse.UUCP

The address above is more likely to result in me seeing your email
than neoucom.UUCP.