UNIXpc nroff driver tables [REPOST]

ilan343 at violet.berkeley.edu ilan343 at violet.berkeley.edu
Sun Mar 19 09:14:05 AEST 1989

In article <130 at gnosys.UUCP> gst at gnosys.UUCP (Gary S. Trujillo) writes:
>other words, the high (parity) bit is set.  For example, I would like
>to be able to say something like:
>
>	*a 1 \340
>
>to print the Greek character "alpha" in response to the nroff escape
>"\(*a".

I don't know if this will work in every version of nroff.  This came
from a 3B2 running the nroff in DWB 2.0.  There is an undocumented
trick to enter 8-bit in charset table.  It consists of preceding the
octal by "%".  Here is a sample from the table I use for a printer with
then an IBM character set.

charset
C, 1 %\200
u: 1 %\201