UNIXPC in the movies!

Steve Simmons scs at vax3.iti.org
Sun Mar 26 05:52:30 AEST 1989

In article <545 at argon.UUCP> ebh at argon.UUCP (Ed Horch) writes:
>In article <4531 at vpk4.UUCP> hjespers at attcan.UUCP (Hans Jespersen) writes:
>>Apparantly AT&T has an agreement/contract with most of the major
>>movie studios to use AT&T telephone and computer equipment in their shows.
>
>While this may be amusing the first thousand or so times you see it, I
>have to wonder what the actual benefit of this really is.

Can't say for sure if it works, but AT&T is far from alone in this.
When I was at BNR/Northern Telecom one of our marketing folks explained
why NT spend lots of $$$$ to put a DV-1 terminal on JRs secretarys desk
in "Dallas".

If you've never heard of the DV-1, that's because it succeeded just
as well as the 3B1.  No smiley, I'm afraid.

   Steve Simmons         Just another midwestern boy
   scs at vax3.iti.org  -- or -- ...!sharkey!itivax!scs
         "Hey...you *can* get here from here!"