Info-3b2 Digest, Number 74

Info-3b2 Mailer info-3b2 at lamc.UUCP
Sat Mar 18 15:32:30 AEST 1989

                           Info-3b2 Digest, Number 74

                            Friday, March 17th 1989

Today's Topics:

                                Re: ATT 3b2/1000
                                  ATT 3b2/1000

Subject: Re: ATT 3b2/1000
From: netsys!att!iwsag!jww

Yes, on March 15, 1989, there was an anouncement of three new 3B2 line
computers.  The 3B2/1000 Models 60, 70 and 80.  The model 60 and 70
can be upgraded to a Model 80 within the "same physical cabinate".

The Model 60 has similar performance characteristics of the 3B2/600.
Just for comparison purposes,
model		Simultaneous users
60 		64
70		80
80		>100

The model 80 comes with 1 optional processor and has a MIP rating of 9.0,
after adding two more processing units the model 80 has a MIP rating of
16.0.

There is a new System V Relese 3.2.2 for the 60/70/80 that gives better
performance when using the additional processing units, [What we call
co-processors, not to be construed with a Math co-prorcessor]

They have a 25 Slot back plane, a max memory of 64MB and use the WE32200
processor (note the 200).

Prices on the 3B2/500, 600 and 700 were lowered 12 to 30 percent.

Now for a unbiased, ok its biased opinion:  The 3B2/1000-80 is a flying
machine, "try it, you'll like it".

Jeff Wolford
3B2 Hardware Development
att!iwsag!jww