full command line status program for Unix PC

John Buck john at polyof.UUCP
Thu Mar 16 10:16:18 AEST 1989

Sometime last year, there was discussion about the fact that
there was no way to see full command line arguments under
the Unix PC "ps" command.  This is because "ps" only prints
out u.u_comm (the basename of the command executing).

I made a comment to the effect that when I got a chance, I would
port my "ps" replacement program, 'stat' to the Unix PC.
This would give you, among other things, full command line
arguments from the user stack space.

(It also will list open files, current directories, pipe status,
etc. etc. Option controlled, of course.)

I received a few inquiries over the past few months asking if this
program was available yet.  The answer is "yes".  I will make a
limited version of the program available to those who want it.
It will be a uuencoded, compressed binary. (size=~13000 bytes),
un-uuencoded, un compressed size is about 16K.  The program
uses shared libraries under 3.51.  By "limited version" I mean
some of the options will not work; I may decide at a future
date to sell this (and other utilities) as a product for Unix
System owners... I don't want to give EVERYTHING away.

If you want this binary version, send me mail saying so.

E-mail:
	john at polyof.poly.edu [128.238.10.100]
	john at polygraf.bitnet
	trixie!polyof!john