3b1 Swap Space (sizeof)

andrew.d.hay mvadh at cbnews.ATT.COM
Thu Mar 16 22:24:47 AEST 1989

In article <914 at koko.UUCP> jb at koko.UUCP (John Birchfield) writes:
"How much swap space is provided as a default on the PC7300 (3b1)?
[]
"Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I can't seem to find any
"documentation on the swap device.
"Thanks in advance...

try
iv -tv /dev/rfp000

partition 1 is the swap partition; the usual sizes are 4000 blocks for
single-user selection and 5000 blocks for multi-user.
you can make it any size you want.  we have a machine here with an
8000 block swap space.  it didn't seem to improve anything...
--
Null Fu-Tze		|		LEARN HOW TO AVOID RIPOFFS!	       |