OBM pick up after several rings

Jim Gottlieb jimmy at denwa.uucp
Mon Mar 20 14:19:51 AEST 1989

In a now-expired article several weeks ago, someone asked if there is a
way to have the OBM answer after a specified number of rings.  I still
don't know how to make the Unix-PC itself do this, but I just came
across a device in a catalog that does this.  You place it in between
the phone line and the device and program it for how many rings you
wish to delay (up to 15 rings).

It is made by Buscom (model #2501) and has a dealer cost of about
$60.  Graybar Electric, with offices nationwide, carries Buscom
products.  Just be sure to pretend you're calling for a company or they
won't talk to you.
--
                              Jim Gottlieb
  E-Mail: <jimmy at denwa.uucp> or <jimmy at pic.ucla.edu> or <attmail!denwa!jimmy>