Adding a VGA to a 6300

Byron A Jeff byron at pyr.gatech.EDU
Fri Mar 10 03:44:26 AEST 1989

Could someone send me the copy of the instructions for installing a VGA
card into a 6300? This is the info I've picked up so far.

1. Get 1.43 BIOS from ATT. Install it.
2. Replace a 7400 in the 6300 with a jumper dip. Where on the board is
   that 7400 and what is the schematic for the dip header?
3. Disable the internal video. Does step 2 above acoomplish this?
4. Install the VGA card.

Is there anything else I'm missing?
Has anyone had major problems getting their cards installed?

All responses will be greatly appriciated. Please mail any responses.

BAJ
--
Another random extraction from the mental bit stream of...
Byron A. Jeff