Trouble with Unix PC internal modem

Joe Block jpb at valkyrie.UUCP
Mon Mar 13 12:30:51 AEST 1989

Occasionally my Unix PC's internal modem locks and will not dial out or
answer the phone while it's in data mode.  Sometimes this can be fixed
by toggling the line to voice and then back to data, but uucp (I have
the store's HDB uucp installed) doesn't recognize this.  The only
solution I've found is to shut the system down and restart it.  Are
there any control codes I can send the modem to get it to reset itself
without a shutdown?  I want to run the system as a BBS again, and would
like to periodically reset the modem to be sure that outside callers can
dial in.

JB
--
Joe Block
uucp: ncar!umigw!\
                  >umbio!{jpb,valkyrie!jpb,valkyrie!root}
           gould!/   "A dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste."