3b2 Questions - Answers Appreciated

Stephen J. Friedl friedl at vsi.COM
Mon Mar 27 17:15:01 AEST 1989

>From article <8300010 at gistdev>, by flint at gistdev.UUCP:
> Yea, Magic Mode is a lot of fun, but it can save tons of time: what
> bugs me is why AT&T won't make it into something real and (heaven
> forbid) document it.

If they document it, they have to support it, and this is
probably the reason they don't.  "Support" at AT&T means a lot
more than "tell you about it", and why should they saddle
themselves with more support headaches?  Would you want to be the
guy at Hotline who walks some bozo through putting their system
back together after they trashed it with Magic Mode?

Those qualified to use magic mode often find it on their own.

Speaking of which, the _3B Journal_ ran an excellent[%] article
article a few months ago on how to operate a standalone shell on
a 3B2, and those interested in a copy can get one from me by
sending your physical mail address.

     Steve

[%] here, "excellent" means "I wrote it" :-)

--
Stephen J. Friedl / V-Systems, Inc. / Santa Ana, CA / +1 714 545 6442
3B2-kind-of-guy   / friedl at vsi.com  / {attmail, uunet, etc}!vsi!friedl

"I do everything in software, even DMA" - Gary W. Keefe (garyk at telxon)