The Declining Quality of AT&T Documentation

Stephen J. Friedl friedl at vsi.COM
Mon Mar 20 04:34:35 AEST 1989

In article <1689 at spp2.UUCP>, baur at spp2.UUCP (Steven L. Baur) writes:
> Has anyone else noticed how far AT&T documentation has fallen?

This has not been our experience: three books is not a good sample.

We've been pretty immersed in the 3B2/3B15/3B4000 product line
for almost five years, and we've seen the quality of
documentation improving dramatically.  While the older docs may
not be thoroughly revised, the new documentation is really very
good.  Their new device driver books are fantastic, as is just
about everything for the 3B15 Sys V Rel 3.  In addition, the SVID
is good and getting better.

AT&T has a lot of good tech writers, and they are using them.

     Steve

--
Stephen J. Friedl / V-Systems, Inc. / Santa Ana, CA / +1 714 545 6442
3B2-kind-of-guy   / friedl at vsi.com  / {attmail, uunet, etc}!vsi!friedl

"I think, therefore I'm a yam." - me