.

ANDERSON MARC O andersom at boulder.Colorado.EDU
Tue Aug 21 19:16:22 AEST 1990

Mucho thanks to all who replied to my 3b1 questions....

heh..  Here are some more...

[1] - I have...  What I believe to be, a '7300'...  (the casing looks kinda
like it's in a 'wedged' shape...).  Form what I understand, the '3b1' is
the same motherboard, same machine, in a different case....  Does the 3b1
allow you to use full-height drives?  Would it be difficult to transfer
my motherboard into a 3b1 case?

Anyone wanna sell a 3b1 case?

[2] - Next...  Everyone mentions they have the "3.51m" software release...
I understand that you get these "upgrades" through "fixdisks".... Where
do you get these fixdisks???

[3] - Regarding memory...  A few of you boast 4 megs of RAM...  How is
this done?  Is there a fixed limit on the 3b1 which says "4 megs is the
max" or can you go higher?  I already have my .5 meg ram extension card
installed giving me a total of 1 meg...  Someone mentioned that I can swap
ram chips to increase my ram capacity...  Do I need to do anything special
in software for this?  (And could I do this on both the motherboard and
the extension/expansion board?)....

thanks again...

Marc