SimulTask and huge D: file

harold.e.bamford bamford at cbnewsd.att.com
Wed Aug 15 04:15:08 AEST 1990

Greetings gurus of the net!

I have a 6386 running SimulTask 2.0 and a large problem.
Specifically, the D: DOS volume is getting too large.  I have
deleted files such that the total size of the files (according to
chkdsk) is about 9 megabytes.  But the D: file (in the unix dosapps
directory) is still 15 megabytes.  How can I shrink the D: file to
a more appropriate size?

I tried exiting DOS and then re-invoking it.  No good.

I tried rebooting Unix and then entering DOS.  No good.

I have been unable to find anything in TFM, which is not to say it
isn't there; I just couldn't find it.

When the hotline for SimulTask questions was called, they wanted
$150 to talk to me with no assurance that a satisfactory answer
would be forthcoming.  That's absurd!

Any ideas?

-- Harold Bamford
   ihlpf!bamford