UNIXPC trivia

Lenny Tropiano lenny at icus.ICUS.COM
Tue Aug 14 00:21:16 AEST 1990

In article <1990Aug13.032211.3575 at ivucsb.sba.ca.us> todd at ivucsb.sba.ca.us (Todd Day) writes:
|>I was going thru my stuff today and found some sales literature for
|>our good ol' friend, the UNIXPC, circa 1985.  It's quite a hoot!
|>True, the UNIXPC was a powerful machine back in '85, but it shows
|>how far we've really come.
[...]
|>Data storage is on a choice of 10- or 20-MB hard disk and 1/2-MB
|>floppy disk."

Are you sure it just said 1/2 MB?   I seem to remember the humor of seeing
1 1/2MB 5.25" double sided/double density floppy drive (unformatted) - 48TPI.
Sure, right .. tell me another.

|>telephone keyless touchscreen terminal that's supposed
|>to accompany these machines (and my little trip to Dow
[...]
Well I forget the model, but AT&T had a telephone, computer terminal pair
(was it the 510?) that looked like a minature PC7300, with a builtin-phone.
They (CT) even had a version of "TAM" called "Touch TAM", that would
convert the touching of the screen on that machine to TAM-equivalent
escape codes.  Imagine that, touching the "Filecabinet" to open it up, and
then touching the "file" to edit that ...  Reminds me of the days of
light-pens! ;-)

-Lenny
--
| Lenny Tropiano           ICUS Software Systems        lenny at icus.ICUS.COM |
| {ames,pacbell,decuac,sbcs,hombre,rayssd}!icus!lenny   attmail!icus!lenny  |