Troff -> Laserjet on a 3B2

Jim Greenlee jkg at prism.gatech.EDU
Fri Aug 3 12:18:20 AEST 1990

[ Let's try this again, without cross-posting it to a moderated group ]

Well, I got so much help with my mail problem, I thought I would press
my luck a little.

We have the Documenter's Workbench 2.0 for the 3B2. The manual indicates
that the raw output from the AT&T troff is not compatible with either
C/A/T or dvi, but must be post-processed by a filter that converts it to
something that can be handled by your printer. It appears as though you
can preview the document by outputting to stdout, provided you have a
5620 graphics terminal attached.

Filters for two laser printers are supplied (one is an Imagen, the other
is something I never heard of). What I would like to do is find something
that will let me print on an HP Laserjet II. Does any such thing exist
for the 3B2? Failing that, does anyone have a program that converts 5620
graphics to something that can be dumped to a Laserjet (is this feasible)?

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

						Jim Greenlee
--
Jim Greenlee - Instructor, School of ICS, Georgia Tech     jkg at cc.gatech.edu

Jryy, abj lbh'ir tbar naq qbar vg! Whfg unq gb xrrc svqqyvat jvgu vg
hagvy lbh oebxr vg, qvqa'g lbh?!