suggestions for enhancements to Instcpio.sh (unix pc)

Kris A. Kugel kak at hico2.UUCP
Fri Aug 31 22:47:14 AEST 1990

Well, I posted a short patch to Instcpio.sh that allows installing
compressed installable files. (see unix-pc.sources or alt.sources)

I'd like to suggest (not that anybody's excited about it) some
other things people can look at fixing (I might, but it's not high
priority with me):

1. option to not remove file after installation

2. better handling for botched loads, for example, if you try to load
   the HDBadmin package before HDBuucp, you're hosed, 'cause the load
   fails, but the ua thinks you have already loaded the package.
   You can't remove or load it afterwards.

Or is this just more beating a dead horse?

                               Kris A. Kugel
                              (201) 842-2707
       {uunet,att,rutgers}!westmark!hico2!kak  <--well-connected
		    {tsdiag,ka2qhd}!hico2!kak  <--frequent
{ssbn,zorch,zinn,ditka,daver,attdso}!hico2!kak <--every two days