Tune up for an old engine

Dennis Miyoshi dennis at longs.LANCE.ColoState.Edu
Fri Aug 3 04:17:42 AEST 1990

Hello again AT&T computer folks:

I have a new and exciting venture in store.  Recently, I was able
to add 4 MB of RAM to a 6386E system running UNIX SysV Rel 3.2.1
bringing my machine to a total of 8 MB of RAM.  Wonderful.  Right?
Wrong.  I assumed that this memory addition would enable me to
execute the X-Window System Release 1.1 in a more efficient manner.
No distinct difference was noticed.  My question is.  Is there a
good set of Tunable Parameters for a machine with 8 MB of RAM?
Even better.  Is there a table which illustrates the Tunable Prameters
for 6386E's from 2 to 64 MB?  The tables that I have are included with
the UNIX documentation and go up to 4 MB of RAM.

Any help will be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

-Dennis Miyoshi
 Systems Engineer
      and
 Graduate Student Again.

ARPA Internet:  dennis at longs.lance.colostate.edu
UUCP         :  ...ncar!boulder!ccncsu!longs.lance.colostate.edu!dennis