UNIXPC trivia

David B. Thomas dt at yenta.alb.nm.us
Tue Aug 14 16:27:31 AEST 1990

Here's some humorous quotations from a brochure I got from Technology
Resource Center (TRC) in California in 1988, when I bought my unix pc.
These are REAL!!

"The data communications components deliver REAL DEC VT-100 emulation
[their emphasis] (in 80 or 132 columns!)"

"Remember, [TRC] is selling this unit at horrific savings."

"That's our price for an exhaustive four user system."

"The UNIX PC comes standard with AT&T's three button mouse --
ideal for selecting, pulling, stretching, and clicking."

"For those of you who refuse to eat quiche, simply turn off the window
environment and work directly with the Unix operating system."

"If you prefer talking to computers instead of people, the UNIX PC offers
full VT100 terminal emulation [...].  If your friends prefer to talk to your
computer instead of you, the UNIX PC supports dial-in VT100 terminals."

"If you get the occasional Intel itch, the UNIX PC can scratch it. [...]
Imagine, with this option you get the best of both worlds: Unix _and_ MS-DOS"

					David