KERMIT configuration on 3B1 unixpc

Andy Fyfe andy at juno.caltech.edu
Wed Aug 29 18:26:10 AEST 1990

In article <4682 at jato.Jpl.Nasa.Gov> khioe at mona.Jpl.Nasa.Gov (Kent Hioe) writes:
>Hi, Does any body know the correct configuration of kermit setup on
>ATT 3B1 Unixpc ?

Lenny has just added kerit 5a(154) to the OSU archive.  Here's an
excerpt from my .kermrc.  The macro reset is used to get the "standard"
characters back when I've been switched to the alternate character set by
line noise.  The macro unlock is used to reset the line to /dev/tty and
hence release any lock files kermit might be holding on ph1 or tty000.
(Kermit aquires the lock when you "set line..." and keeps it until you
do another, or quit.)  The macro call is just an alias for either dial_int
or dial_ext (which do the real work of dialing out).  Finally macros like
"hostname" allow you to dial that host by just typing "hostname".

If /usr/spool/uucp is not world writable, then kermit needs to be setuid
to the owner of /usr/spool/uucp.  It can't be setuid root though (it won't
run if it detects this).

For the real information on kermit, get ckuker.ann or ckuker.doc from
watsun.cc.columbia.edu (in the directory kermit/sw).  The "help" command
in kermit itself will be able to tell you a great deal as well.

Andy Fyfe			andy at csvax.cs.caltech.edu

set file type binary
set attributes date on
set block-check 3
set receive packet-length 512
set window 5
set prompt "localhost> "

def reset -
    echo \15
def unlock -
    set line
def dial_int -
    set modem att7300, -
    if not equal \v(line) /dev/ph1 set line /dev/ph1, -
    set speed 1200, -
    dial \%1, -
    if success connect
def dial_ext -
    set modem hayes, -
    if not equal \v(line) /dev/tty000 set line /dev/tty000, -
    set speed 2400, -
    dial \%1, -
    if success connect
def call -