Sys V 3.2.1 online man pages

Lyndon Nerenberg lyndon at cs.athabascau.ca
Tue Aug 21 07:11:44 AEST 1990

jim at lsuc.on.ca (Jim Mercer) writes:

>i have been told by our AT&T Source Code Sales rep that there are _no_
>online man pages for release 3.2.
>i find this a little hard to believe.  the printed man pages had to come
>from somewhere.
>as a license holder, is there anyone out there who will arrange to get these
>to me?

Har dee har har har! :-)  (Sorry Jim.)

AT&T has an agreement with Prentice Hall regarding printed manuals that
(apparently) prevents AT&T from shipping source to the man pages. I
went through this some months ago. For a while, it seemed like they
might be able to give us man page source under the terms of our DWB
source license, however AT&T was never able to figure out if that
was the case or not. Not that they would do you much good - SVR3
doesn't come with nroff or a man command, either.

[ Actually, all they were going to get us was the catman (pre-formatted)
  pages from SVR3.0. ]

System V: Just Consider It Bogus.

--
     Lyndon Nerenberg  VE6BBM / Computing Services / Athabasca University
         {alberta,cbmvax,mips}!atha!lyndon || lyndon at cs.athabascau.ca
                           Practice Safe Government
                                 Use Kingdoms