Hardware Flow Control on tty

David A. Gilmour dag at esleng.uucp
Sun Dec 23 13:21:05 AEST 1990

In article <2173 at westmark.WESTMARK.COM> dave at westmark.WESTMARK.COM (Dave Levenson) writes:
>I am trying to use a high speed V.32 modem on a tty port using AT&T
>SysV/386r3.2.2.  The modem allows the DTE and DCE speeds to differ,
>and then offers a choice of flow control methods.
>
>The HARDWARE flow-control option causes the modem to assert CTS
>until its buffer is nearly full, and then to drop CTS.  UNIX seems
>to ignore the not-CTS state, and continues to send data. Is there
>any way to get the UNIX tty device driver to recognize and react to
>this signal?

I had exactly the same problem with my ISC SVR3.2 system using a T2500
modem.  It turned out that RTS/CTS handshaking is *NOT* supported in the
ISC drivers.  This may be the problem with yours.

I fixed the problem by installing the FAS 2.07 drivers.  I don't know
if they will help you or not.  The source is available on the net, or
I can mail it to you.