CALL FOR VOTES: comp.sys.[att].[3b1|unixpc|safari]

Jan Isley jan at bagend.uucp
Wed Dec 12 06:32:23 AEST 1990

bdb at becker.UUCP (Bruce D. Becker) writes:

>In article <1990Dec7.131017.5447 at bagend.uucp> jan at bagend.uucp (Jan Isley) writes:
>|During the discussion period, a consensus was reached to vote for
>|the creation of a group for these systems, and a sources group.
>|If successful, these groups would replace the unix-pc hierarchy.

>	This is a misstatement, at least according to
>	the understanding I have of the meaning of the
>	term "consensus".

rubbish.
from _Webster's New World Dictionary_ (without permission),

consensus - an opinion held by all or most, general agreement.
                                   ^^^^^^^
I say again.  A consensus was reached to vote.

>	A small but significant minority (myself among
>	them, natch) objected strongly to this move.

Like the bulk of opinions you have posted lately, Mr. Becker,
the key word here is small.  You have repeatedly declared that
you could care less what the rest of the world has to say, and
you seem quite determined to make sure that the reverse is true.
Trust me, it is working.

It sounds to me like you are challenging the validity of this
vote.  Does this mean that you are retracting your vote?
I am not sure that the guidelines provide changing or withdrawing
a vote once it has been cast.

Sounds like a new topic for news.groups.
--
Jan Isley  jan at bagend  {known universe}!gatech!bagend!jan  (404)434-1335