Removal of unix-pc groups

vote taker vote at bagend.uucp
Thu Dec 20 14:26:52 AEST 1990

mhw at lock60.UUCP (Mark H. Weber) writes:

>Mr. Becker has done it again - written something I can agree with :-)

>I think that part of what's bothering him, and a few others (myself
>included), is the assumption that the creation of a new unix-pc group
>in the comp hierarchy can automatically be linked to a removal of
>the unix-pc.* groups. This network was not created via the mainstream
>group creation procedure. It was built one link at a time, and it'll
>probably have to come apart the same way. If and when the new group
>is established is the time to start local (unix-pc only) discussions
>about removal of the old groups. For myself, I suspect I will continue
>to accept postings in the unix-pc hierarchy for a quite some time to
>come. I think we need to make sure that the spirit gets transferred
>to the new group, not just the traffic.

The proposal clearly stated that if the new groups were created, they
were to replace the existing unix-pc hierarchy over a 3 month period.
After said 3 months, A request for Spaff to remove them from his
alternate hierarchy postings.  This is what we are voting on.  I think
you will find that the system administrators out there that get the
news moved around usually follow the results of votes like this.  The
quickest way I can think of to get both the vote *and* distribution
of the unix-pc hierarchy dumped by these fine people is for alot more
people to jump on Mr. Becker's raging bandwagon.

>Oh, yeah - Don't forget to vote. I haven't yet, but I will.

Yes, do not forget to vote.
--
Jan Isley  jan at bagend  {known universe}!gatech!bagend!jan  (404)434-1335