Do I want this 7300?

CJ Pilzer cjp at beartrk.beartrack.com
Tue Dec 18 18:58:28 AEST 1990

I just got an old 7300 with a bad 20 meg disk.  I opened as described in the
other response and replaced it with a mitsubitshi 535 mfm 42 meg disk with
no problem at all.  I used the diag disk to format the disk 977 cyl and 5
heads.  Everything worked fine.  I got the disk drive new from Warehouse 54
(800) 955-0054 for $259 plus shipping of $14.  It came in about three days.

I didn't pay anything for the 7300, so I think I have a really cheap unix
computer.  With operating system version 3.5 and the developement system
and utilities I have 78% of the disk remaining.

I made no other changes to the computer.  The battery is dead, but I can
reset the date when I boot up.  I will get around to changing it some day.

-- cj