comp.sys.3b1.*?

Ben Scott bscott at isis.cs.du.edu
Sun Dec 9 08:29:02 AEST 1990

I hereby humbly submit my suggestion to create a new group -

Let's entitle it comp.debate.3b1or7300orunixpc...

(more) Seriously, speaking as a soon-to-be user of a 7300, who has no
other experience with any other AT&T product besides the phone system,
I would like to see SOMETHING happen.  I'll let you guys hammer out the
details, but at this public-access Usenet site which has a direct Internet
link to uunet we don't get any unix-pc groups.  I only have access to
this group, comp.sys.att, at present.  When I get that 7300 and when this
system gets some new disks to alleviate space problems, my sysadmin has
promised me he'll bring them in, but I think the fact that we don't have
them now (and this system, while open to the public, is the feed for the
entire University of Denver computer net where News and Internet access
is concerned) says something about distribution problems.

I'll probably vote yes on just about any proposal, so long as it helps
to separate the 3B1/7300 traffic from the other AT&T systems.  I don't
think a separate UnixPC source group is really vital, but it would be
nice to have.  (I'm still excited that there's a version of Tetris for
it... can't wait to get my new toy)

.                            <<<<Infinite K>>>>

--
|Ben Scott, professional goof-off and consultant at The Raster Image, Denver|
|FIDO point address 1:104/421.2, bscott at isis.cs.du.edu, or BBS (303)424-9831|