Adding memory to a 6386

Roger Bielefeld rab at hal.CWRU.Edu
Tue Dec 4 15:12:19 AEST 1990

I took the four 256K SIMMs out of a 6386 and loaded up the
memory board with 16 1M SIMMs, just like the vendor said I
could.  When I run the AT&T Customer Diagnostics program
to tell the CMOS how much extended memory I have, it rejects
all values other than zero.  There are some DIP switches on
the memory board.  Is that the problem?  If so, could some
kind soul please send me the correct switch settings?  None
of the documentation that came with the machine says anything
about the memory board.  Thank you.

--
Roger Bielefeld     Case Western Reserve University
rab at hal.cwru.edu    Cleveland, Ohio  USA