Questions for the hardware hackers

Dave Levenson dave at westmark.WESTMARK.COM
Sat Dec 29 13:11:53 AEST 1990

In article <1990Dec28.195237.2760 at sci.ccny.cuny.edu>, jeffrey at sci.ccny.cuny.edu (Jeffrey L Bromberger) writes:

> Next, I got one of those annoying computer calls last night.  You all
> know the type, where the computer spits out this huge message to get
> you to buy something.  Can I make my voice power card dial out and
> make these annoying calls? :-)  Would I have to use the 3B1's builtin
> dialler and put the line through the VP card?

Yes, Voice Power(tm) can be used to place harassing telemarketing
calls.   It is quite capable of dialing the phone, and waiting for
speech to indicate that a person has answered, and the playing a
recorded sales pitch.  It doesn't need help from the modem.

But please, spare us, aren't there enough 'services' of that kind
already operating?  Surely there must be a better use for that
technology!

Dave Levenson			Internet: dave at westmark.com
Westmark, Inc.			UUCP: {uunet | rutgers | att}!westmark!dave
Warren, NJ, USA			AT&T Mail: !westmark!dave
[The Man in the Mooney]		Voice: 908 647 0900  Fax: 908 647 6857