oh geez, is it .att.3b1 or .3b1

David Neill-OKCy Mktg 405-278-4007 dwn at swbatl.sbc.com
Thu Dec 6 06:38:39 AEST 1990

In article <1465 at das13.snide.com> dave at das13.snide.com (Dave Snyder) writes:
>In article <1990Dec4.133943.327 at swbatl.sbc.com>, dwn at swbatl.sbc.com writes:
>> I mini-vote no for any *.att.* combination, but if that's the
>> consensus, I'll real-vote to support it.
>>
>Can you do that?  If so, I can honestly say that is EXACTLY how I feel.
>
>DAS
>--
>David Snyder @ Snide Inc. - Folcroft, PA

Sure, you can do that... it doesn't carry any weight, or count for
anything, but what the hey.. this is usenet... you can do *ANYTHING*.
;-)

Seriously, Jeff Templon posted that the ratio was about 3 to 1 in
favor of "comp.sys.3b1".  I think someone else already made a good
case for "comp.sources.3b1" over "comp.sources.att.3b1".  As I said,
I prefer no *.att.*, but I'll support whatever gets rid of the
"unix-pc" nomenclature.

I don't claim to know anything about re-organizing the .att. group,
and while it doesn't hurt to try to fix the bigger mess, I kinda
wish we could fix our little mess first, then address the larger
issues.

....standing by with my voter registration card
name & address   (this account) -> uunet!swbatl!dwn OR dwn at swbatl.sbc.com
David Neill       office -> 405-291-1990 -> uunet!swbatl!oktext!mktco
Mgr - Mktg.(SWBTCo) home -> 405-843-4464 -> uunet!swbatl!oktext!frodo!david