Mount Table problems with multiple partitions on 3B1

Bruce D. Becker bdb at becker.UUCP
Sat Dec 29 10:16:05 AEST 1990

In article <1990Dec20.002625.331 at alfred.UUCP> elliot at alfred.UUCP (Elliot Dierksen) writes:
|I am having an odd problem. I recently installed a Priam 519 (Thanx Augustine!)
|in my 3B1 and I have the drive split into several (5) partitions. I am using
|the enhanced /etc/rc from ICUS (Thanx to Gil & Lenny) to mount the file
|systems. However after a boot, all the file systems are mounted but a df
|only show the root partition. I run the same script that I use to rebuild
|the mount table in /etc/rc after the boot and it rebuild the mount table
|correctly.  Strange!!!   Any suggestions out there??

	In the "/etc/rc" script you will find this line (usually):

		for i in .cleanup .lpstartsched .phinit .modeminit wmgr smgr

	Looking in "/etc/.cleanup" produces this:

		# Clean out and initialize the mount table
		> /etc/mnttab
		devnm / | setmnt
		/etc/mountable

		[...]

	You can fix this easily  8^)
	I know about it because I had the same exact
	problem and spent much sweat on it...

Cheers,
--
  ,u,	 Bruce Becker	Toronto, Ontario
a /i/	 Internet: bdb at becker.UUCP, bruce at gpu.utcs.toronto.edu
 `\o\-e	 UUCP: ...!uunet!mnetor!becker!bdb
 _< /_	 "Que es mas macho: Gorbachev, o Shevardnadze?" - lala