Voice Card dialling out (was Re: Questions for the hardware hackers)

Jeffrey L Bromberger jeffrey at sci.ccny.cuny.edu
Sun Dec 30 01:35:41 AEST 1990

In article <2191 at westmark.WESTMARK.COM> dave at westmark.WESTMARK.COM (Dave Levenson) writes:
>But please, spare us, aren't there enough 'services' of that kind
>already operating?  Surely there must be a better use for that
>technology!

Yes, I know about that technology.  Seems that the NYC Board of Ed
calls the parents (computer style) to say your kid(s) missed classes.
Seems that the kids got too good at taking the "Absence" postcards out
of the mailbox!

Really, though, I'm more interested in the capabilities of the card,
not in exploiting them.
--
Jeffrey L. Bromberger
System Operator---City College of New York---Science Computing Facility